Monday, January 14, 2013

WTF is up with the BABY ON BOARD signs?

Can we please discuss these "Baby On Board" signs?!?!  I suddenly am seeing these signs hanging in the back of cars at an increasing and alarming rate. Let me tell you why I have such issue with these confusing little signs:

1) It's NOT 1985!  Seriously, these signs were popular in the mid-80's and that is where they should stay...where they are just a funny pop-cultural reference we can all make fun of. 

2) I was about seven years old when these signs became popular.  I remember being confused at the age of seven as to the what the intended message of these signs were supposed to be communicating - just as I am as confused now. I suspect that these signs are to caution surrounding drivers that they should try and be extra safe while driving around the car of the person that has the "Baby On Board" sign displayed because their baby is considered to be precious cargo.  WTF?!?!  Have you ever driven around these people with these stupid sign on their cars?  In my experience they are the biggest a-holes on the road. I swear almost EVERY time I get cut off it's by one of these "Baby On Board" drivers.  So basically they want me to take caution driving around them, but they can drive like total lunatics? I am about one step away from taking pictures of these people's cars (license plate and all) and shaming them by posting them on my blog. Seriously, I know they think their child is the most important thing in the world, but I think I am precious cargo too and would prefer not to be killed by crazy mom/dad in their minivan! 

3) I recently discovered a friend of mine (who by request will remain unnamed) has one of these signs hanging in the back of her car. Friend, I love you....but I now think you are a crazy a-hole driver who instead of cautioning the rest of the world to drive safely around you and your child, should perhaps take a closer look at your own driving skills. I have a feeling that's where much of the danger on the road may be! (P.S. I still love you unnamed friend; however, the next time we go somewhere together, don't be offended when I insist on driving).

Has anybody else seen a strange resurgence in these signs and/or seeing similar driving from these "Baby On Board" people??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment